Document Recovery USB Drive
USB drives are normally used as a device to transfer files from one system to another. They are portable due to their small size & can be connected to any device that have a USB port in it. But due to this kind of frequent use of USB drives in different devices, they are likely to get corrupted & the data inside them might get deleted. Consider a scenario, you are working on an important Word document that you have to submit or present it on the next day. You copied it to your pen drive & went to sleep. The next day when you plugged it in your office system to recheck the contents, you find that the file is missing. This seems like a nightmare because no one can afford a situation like this. Later you realized that the pen drive was not properly removed from the system & you closed it.
This kind of situation has have happened to almost everyone. The best option is to take regular backups, but there are situations when you don’t have a chance to take backup. In those situations, a Word Document Recovery tool comes into picture. Some of the commonly occurring deletion / loss scenarios are listed below –
- Accidental deletion of Word files from the USB drive while deleting some of the unwanted files.
- Intentionally removing unused files to make space for other files & later realizing their importance.
- Word docs lost due to deletion of files from a USB drive using Delete button, which does not go to the Recycle Bin like the files deleted form the system’s internal hard drive do.
- Formatting the USB drive to get rid of a malware infection might leave you at a total data loss state, as formatting removes each & every bit of data from a drive that is being formatted.
- Improper ejection of the USB drive from a system while transferring files or while accessing some data.
- When the USB drive connected to an infected system or a virus infected file or software is saved to it, there are chances of data getting lost.
You can easily retrieve deleted Word documents or those that are lost in any of the above scenarios, using a recovery tool. This tool has advanced inbuilt scanning algorithms that help in making the restoration process efficient & fast. Its intuitive wizard style interface lets the user do complex recovery operations in just few clicks & in negligible time. The application is perfectly supported with all the versions of Microsoft Office & provides desired results when the user recover Word 2010 document, 2007 document or files created on other earlier versions. The Recover Word software has different versions for Macintosh & Windows operating system, compatible with all their popular versions.
Steps to recover documents from USB Drive –
Step 1 – Download & install the tool on your Windows operating system. Connect the USB drive from which documents got deleted or lost & run the tool. Use the Mac version of the tool to restore Word documents on Mac OS.
Step 2 – From the main screen, select “Recover Files” option.
Step 3 – From the next screen select either “Recover Deleted Files” or “Recover Lost Files” option.
Step 4 – Choose the connected USB drive & hit the “Next” button.
Step 5 – The tool will start scanning the USB drive. Wait until it finishes. After that a list of recovered files is displayed. Preview the files & save them after purchasing the registered version of the tool.